The Ultra Bivy J Zip is a unique design which allows the user easy access in and out of the Ultra Bivy. The Ultra Bivy features a ultra light noseeum mesh head with the main body made from a high quality breathable ripstop nylon and floor from Silpoly with a Hydrostatic Head (waterproof rating) of 5300 mm. A breathable panel at the foot end featuring a strong breathable rip-stop nylon mesh which helps with any condensation build up in this area.
The Ultra Bivy is suitable for use under tarps or replacing the inner tent on many backpacking tents and shelters to save weight and increase room within the tent or shelter. The enclosed nature of the Ultra Bivy also provides extra warmth compared to many inners. Will fit most users up to 198 cm (6'6") in height.
Approximate Lead Times
Currently around 2-3 weeks.
Standard Features include
- 3 hanging loops, mitten hooks and 3mm shock cord to suspend Ultra Bivy from shelter or tent.
- 4 pegs/stake out loops
- #3 YKK Full J zip. for easy entry and exit
- Breathable Ripstop Nylon mesh panel at foot end to help avoid condensation issues
- Comes with Shock cord, clips and stuff sack
- Fits standard and long sleeping mats/pads including winter versions.
- 1 or 2 'J Zips' either right or left or both sides.
- Lightweight solid fabric Add-on Hood which integrates with the Ultra Bivy wrapping around the head end mesh area to give extra protection from cold draughts while maintaining breathability. Weighs 44g. See details here
Length = 203 cm ( 80 inches)
Width = 70cm ( 27.5 inches)
Head End Apex Height = 65cm (25.5 inches)
Foot End Apex Height = 58cm (23 inches)
Weight = 213 grams ( 7.48oz)
Top made from 30g/m2 of 15 D ripstop nylon with DWR coating. Calendared finish.
Floor made from 38g/m2 of 20 D silpoly - 5300mm HH
Mesh made from 23g/m2 noseemum mesh
Colours available in (shown Left to Right ) Dark Olive, Titanium Grey, and Burnt Orange.