Bonfus Framus 58L UltraX Ultralight Pack
The Framus 58L is the perfect pack for multi-day adventures where long food carries and heavier pack loads require a rigid frame for superior weight transfer.
The Framus is also Bonfus' most versatile pack. The frame and back foam pad can be removed when needed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack for fast and light trips requiring the lowest possible weight.
The Framus features some of the most technologically advanced waterproof materials to create a pack that is both very lightweight and durable.
With the Framus we sought to create a backpack that is lightweight enough for long and fast adventures, and that can provide a greater lever of comfort as compared to traditional frameless packs. We achieved this by applying our no-nonsense, minimalist and practical design approach, with the most durable and lightweight fabrics and component that we could find, handbuilt with the experience and craftmanship of our skilled sewers.
Ultralight without compromise
The Framus line of backpacks offer enough volume for longer adventures without slowing you down, with a weight starting at only 740g.
Compared to frameless packs, it allows longer food and water carries, with much greater comfort thanks to an anatomically shaped frame.
Built for adventure
The Framus is built for long and tough adventures. With triple stitched sewn-in hipbelt, reinforced seams for shoulder straps, high-density foam and the most advanced fabrics on earth, the Framus is your trusted companion on the highest peaks.
🏕️Need more information?
Why not have a quick read of our latest article about the best performing camping backpacks to help you get the most out of your next adventure.
58 litres (50L internal volume, 8L external pockets)
Unrolled height: 90cm
Average circumference: 95cm
UltraX Black or White – 765g | 27oz
Removing the foam pad saves* (Medium / Large): 35/40g | 1.2oz/1.4oz
Removing the aluminium stays saves (Medium/Large): 110/120g | 3.9oz.
Suggested carry load:
• up to 18kg | 40lb
Medium size: up to 50cm (19.5″)
Large size: up to 55cm (21.5″)
User hip girth:
Medium and Large size: 84cm (33”) to 110cm (43”)
Functional load lifters
• Two contoured aluminium stays. Designed with a special curvature to form a 2-3 cm (about 1″) gap with your back for improved ventilation. Can be adapted to the form of your back and shoulders.
• Optional (included) removable 9mm EVA-foam padding can be added to the internal back panel sleeve for comfort. If the pack is stuffed properly, the foam pad is not necessarily needed, to keep the weight down.
• Both the aluminium stays and foam padding are placed in an internal openable sleeve on the back panel, and can be removed to transform the Framus into a frameless pack and shed even more weight.
• Additional 9mm lumbar padding for extra comfort.
• Comfortable 11mm (7/16”) thick shoulder straps, padded with EVA-foam and 3D spacer mesh. Selected use of 3D mesh around neck area for added comfort.
• Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D UltraGrid fabric, for durability and flexibility.
• Reinforced bottom section with Ultra400 fabric.
• Comfortable 38mm (1.5″) wide webbing at the hipbelt.
• V-style webbing straps for carrying extra gear over the roll top closure
• Roll top closure with lateral attachment.
• Ice axe attachment point at the base of the front mesh pocket, plus elastic clip for extra securing.
• Functional 4-point compression cords that fully cover the pack sides from top to bottom, allowing to significantly reduce pack volume when needed and stabilise the load.
• Taped seams (only when choosing Ultra200 and DCF as pack material). Seam tape is applied to increase water resistance and increase seam strength. A pack liner is suggested to ensure pack content remains dry.
• Optional shoulder pouches and hip belt pockets (not included) can be mounted to the webbing loops of the shoulder straps or hipbelt.
UltraX Black or White (119gsm | 3.5oz/sqy) – Probably the most advanced pack fabric on the market. It features woven 200D UHMWPE fibres. At a slight weight increase compared to DCF2.92, the UltraX fabric has 3x higher tear strength, 3x higher UHMWPE fibres content, 7x the abrasion resistance. The backing of the fabric is a .5mil recycled polyester film, that makes the fabric extremely waterproof. Side pockets, shoulders straps and hipbelt in 210D UltraGrid fabric. Bottom in UltraX Black for added durability.