At Valley and Peak, we have an extensive range of synthetic sleeping bags from unbeatable brands such as Sierra Designs, Therm-A-Rest and Nordisk. These sleeping bags are ideal for your next camping adventure. Stock up on our camping equipment and essentials to camp in comfort for years to come.
Synthetic sleeping bags are a reliable and versatile choice for outdoor expeditions and adventures, offering you a wide range of features for varying camping needs.
Made with synthetic insulating materials, such as polyester, synthetic sleeping bags are designed to provide you with warmth and comfort in a variety of elemental conditions.
Synthetic sleeping bags are a great choice for those who are looking for an affordable option, as they are generally less expensive than their down counterparts.
They are also durable and easy to care for, making them a long-lasting option. A lightweight sleeping bag that performs in all weather conditions.
At Valley & Peak, we ensure our prices are competitive so you know you’re always getting a fantastic deal when shopping with us.
For more information on everything we have to offer at Valley & Peak, check out our informative Blogs and Frequently Asked Questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are synthetic sleeping bags better?
In some cases and situations, synthetic sleeping bags can be better than down sleeping bags. But just like any other product, it has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages. You may want to consider these factors first:
Advantages of synthetic sleeping bags:
1. Moisture resistance: Despite getting a synthetic sleeping bag wet, they can still provide insulation and warmth to the user; that’s why campers and backpackers bring synthetic sleeping bags when they go to places that have wet conditions.
2. Cost: Compared to down sleeping bags, synthetic sleeping bags are more affordable, which can influence more people to purchase synthetic sleeping bags.
3. Hypoallergenic: People with allergies or respiratory ailments would prefer synthetic sleeping bags as they are not likely to cause allergic reactions or worsen someone’s respiratory issues.
Disadvantages of synthetic sleeping bags:
1. Weight: Despite synthetic and warm sleeping bags offering similar warmth ratings, a synthetic sleeping bag will weigh more than a down sleeping bag.
2. Bulk: Aside from the fact that synthetic sleeping bags weigh heavier, they are also bulkier, so they are not easily compressible and will require plenty of space to fit in your bag.
3. Durability: Synthetic sleeping bags don’t have a long lifespan, unlike down sleeping bags, as synthetic sleeping bags can break down over time or when used a lot.
4. Less warmth for the weight: Down insulation is more efficient in trapping heat than synthetic insulation, which means that to match the warmth of a light-down sleeping bag, you must have a heavier synthetic sleeping bag.
To summarise, synthetic sleeping bags are a lot better to use in wet conditions because they resist moisture. In contrast, a down sleeping bag is something you should have if you prioritise warmth, compressibility, and durability.
What is a synthetic sleeping bag?
Synthetic sleeping bags are a variation of sleeping bags that uses synthetic insulation materials instead of using natural down feathers. Usually, polyester fibres that provide insulation properties fill up synthetic sleeping bags.
Synthetic sleeping bags are more affordable than down sleeping bags. One of their best features is that they're moisture and damp-resistant, ideal for going on wet or humid territories.
Synthetic sleeping bags also dry more quickly than down sleeping bags, making it a good idea to bring them in rainy or snowy areas. Also, they are hypoallergenic, so people with allergies won’t have any problem using them.
Unfortunately, synthetic sleeping weighs heavier and bulkier, making it a bit challenging to carry around. Overall, the choice between a synthetic sleeping bag and a down sleeping bag is all up to you, depending on your wants and needs for your outdoor camping adventures.
How long do synthetic sleeping bags last?
The lifespan of a synthetic sleeping bag will rely on numerous factors, such as the quality of materials used, frequency of use, the amount of care it receives, and the storage conditions when unused.
A well-kept synthetic sleeping bag can typically be used for five to ten years. However, when used very often or in extreme weather conditions, it will most likely shorten the lifespan of a synthetic sleeping bag.
Storing synthetic sleeping bags in appropriate places and following the care instructions provided by the manufacturer will help lengthen the lifespan of your synthetic bag. Furthermore, you should store the sleeping bag in a cool and dry area and avoid getting compressed for long durations as much as possible. Lastly, maintain the cleanliness of your sleeping bag by following the care instructions that will guide you to remove unwanted dirt and other debris easier and so it won’t cause your synthetic sleeping bag to shorten its lifespan.