Keep your outdoor essentials protected against the elements with our range of dry bags and stuff sacks. They allow you to store wet or dry clothes and protect your valuables against adverse weather conditions. Our range of dry bags and stuff sacks are highly durable, long lasting and top quality from trusted brands such as Exped, Sea to Summit, and Eagle Creek.
Whether you're looking for large compression sacks for your clothes or small insulated pouches for your valuables we have it all. We also have a great range of backpacks and lumbar packs to store your dry bags and stuff sacks in. Explore our clothing and footwear range, and tents and shelters for everything you need for your next adventure.
For an interesting and informative read check out our following blogs:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dry bags actually waterproof?
Dry bags are designed to be waterproof and to keep your belongings dry even in wet environments such as during water sports, rainy weather, or when crossing rivers. However, it's important to note that not all dry bags are created equal, and their level of waterproofing can vary depending on the quality of the material and construction.
High-quality dry bags are made of durable, waterproof materials such as nylon or vinyl, and welded seams are typically very effective at keeping water out. However, lower-quality dry bags made with thinner materials or with seams that are only glued or sewn may not be as effective at preventing water from seeping in.
It's also worth noting that while dry bags can protect your belongings from water, they are not entirely immune to water damage. For example, suppose you submerge a dry bag in water for an extended period. In that case, the pressure of the water can eventually force water through even the most waterproof of materials. Also, dry bags are not designed to be completely airtight so moisture can accumulate inside the bag over time.
In general, if you invest in a high-quality dry bag and use it according to the manufacturer's instructions, it should provide good waterproofing and protect your belongings from water damage in most situations.
What is the difference between a dry bag and a waterproof bag?
A dry bag and a waterproof bag are designed to protect your gear from water, but they have some key differences.
A dry bag is made from a waterproof material, such as vinyl or nylon, and is designed to keep your gear dry even if it gets submerged in water. It typically has a roll-top closure, creating a watertight seal when properly closed. Dry bags are commonly used for water-based activities like kayaking, canoeing, and rafting, as well as for camping and hiking in wet environments.
On the other hand, a waterproof bag is a more general term that refers to any bag designed to keep water out. Waterproof bags may use various types of closures, such as zippers or snap closures. They may be made from different materials, including waterproof fabrics like Gore-Tex or PVC-coated nylon. They are typically used for outdoor activities where water exposure is a concern, such as boating, fishing, or beach trips.
The key difference between a dry bag and a waterproof bag is that a dry bag is specifically designed to keep your gear completely dry, even if it is submerged in water. In contrast, a waterproof bag is simply designed to keep water out to a certain extent. Therefore, a dry bag is the better choice if you need to keep your gear completely dry in extreme conditions. However, if you need a bag that will protect your gear from occasional splashes or light rain, a waterproof bag may be sufficient.
What do you use dry bags for?
Dry bags are incredibly versatile and can be used for different activities where keeping your belongings dry is essential. Some common uses for dry bags include:
1. Water sports - Dry bags are commonly used during activities like kayaking, canoeing, and rafting to keep personal items, such as phones, wallets, and keys, dry.
2. Camping and hiking - Dry bags can be used to keep clothes, sleeping bags, and other gear dry when camping or hiking in wet conditions.
3. Beach trips - Dry bags are perfect for keeping towels, sunscreen, and other beach essentials dry and sand-free.
4. Travel - Dry bags can be used to protect valuable electronics or documents while travelling, especially during rainy seasons.
5. Fishing - Anglers commonly use dry bags to keep gear and clothing dry while out on the water.
6. Boating - Dry bags can be used to protect gear and supplies from water damage on boats or yachts.
In general, any activity where water and moisture are a concern is an excellent opportunity to use a dry bag. They are lightweight, easy to use, and can save hassle and frustration by keeping your belongings dry and safe.
What brand is best dry bag?
Many great dry bag brands are on the market, each with unique features and designs. Here are some of the best dry bag brands to consider:
1. Sea to Summit - Sea to Summit is a famous brand that makes high-quality, lightweight dry bags in various sizes and shapes. They are known for their durable materials and innovative design features.
2. YETI - YETI is a well-known brand for its high-end coolers, but they also make great dry bags. Their dry bags are made from tough, waterproof materials and are designed to withstand extreme conditions.
3. Osprey - Osprey is a brand known for their backpacks and outdoor gear, making high-quality dry bags. Their dry bags are designed to be lightweight and durable, with a variety of features for outdoor enthusiasts.
4. NRS - NRS is a brand that specializes in water sports gear, including dry bags. Their dry bags are made from tough, waterproof materials and are designed for kayaking, rafting, and other water-based activities.
5. Aqua Quest - Aqua Quest is a brand that makes a variety of waterproof gear, including dry bags. Their dry bags are made from heavy-duty materials and are designed to be completely waterproof even in the toughest conditions.
Ultimately, the best dry bag brand for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. It's essential to consider factors like size, durability, and features when choosing a dry bag, as well as the brand's reputation for quality and customer service.